Twitter, the social media platform launched in 2006, has added a new feature to its menu of options, called Twitter Circle. This feature allows individuals to send tweets to selected people and share their thoughts with a smaller crowd.
With this function, only a definite set of people you have chosen to reply to or see your tweet will be able to. You can only share tweets within your circle.
Who can be added?
Anyone can be in a Twitter circle, even if you don’t follow the person. It allows you to share tweets with a smaller audience. Once it adds the individuals to the circle, they can view and share posts within that circle. Although you can add up to 150 people in a circle, no individual can have more than one circle at a time.
Twitter Circle and Twitter Communities
Sometimes, people mistake one for the other but these features are entirely different. Twitter Circle allows you to share tweets with the people you choose to see, while Twitter Communities provides people with a place to share, connect and get closer to discussions they care about the most with anyone on Twitter.
How To Add People to your Twitter Circle
Before adding someone, you must create a Twitter circle on your account. There are two ways to add people, you can add them through the ‘Menu icon’ or through the ‘Compose tweet icon’ on your account.
- Open your Twitter account on your phone, and tap on your profile picture in the top left corner.
- In the sidebar that appears, tap on Twitter Circle. It will lead you to the “edit your Twitter circle” screen showing a list of all the individuals you have included in your circle under the Twitter circle tab.
- You can tap on the “Recommended tab” if you like to add more people to your circle, as it will lead you to see a list of people suggested to you by Twitter. It is from previous interactions with them. To add someone from this list to your circle, tap on the “Add button” on the right-hand side.
- Repeat this procedure to add up to 150 people to your circle. You can also use the search toolbar at the top to find a user you want to add to your Twitter circle. Go this route if do not see them under the “Recommended” tab.
- In the search bar, type the username or name of the person you wish to add, and then tap on the “Add” button to add them to your circle once their profile comes up.
- Once you are done, save the changes by tapping on the “Done” icon at the bottom.
Method 2: Using the “Compose tweet” icon
You can also access and edit your circle members by opening the Compose tweet screen on your app. Follow these easy steps to add someone to your circle:
- Open your app and tap on the ‘Compose’ button (which is always marked with a + icon) at the bottom right corner.
- When the screen appears, tap on the Public button at the top. A ‘Choose audience’ menu will appear on the next screen. Tap on ‘Edit’ on the right-hand side of the Twitter Circle option
- A screen will appear with a list of people who are already a part of your circle under the ‘Twitter circle’ tab. Tap the Recommended tab to add more people.
- A list of people recommended by Twitter based on previous interactions with them will appear. Tap on the ‘Add’ button to add someone from this list.
- Repeat this procedure to add up to 150 people to your circle. You can also use the search toolbar at the top to find a user you want to add to your circle if you cannot see them under the “Recommended” tab.
- Once you’ve added your preferred people, tap on the ‘X’ icon at the top left corner to go back to the compose tweet screen.
- You can tweet to a selected audience by tapping the ‘Public’ button inside the ‘what’s happening?’ screen.
- Tap on the Twitter circle tab in the ‘Choose audience’ menu to select it as your preferred audience.
- Now the tweet you want to send will be sent to your Twitter circle as soon as you tap on Tweet.
For more tech and fintech-related news, visit techkudi.com