Peter Alfred-Adekeye is helping Nigerians conduct International trade with blockchain-backed Boom. It bridges the financial gap for Africans, enabling e-commerce without a bank account.
What is Boom?
Launched six months ago, Boom acts as a “super app” with various features:
- Boom Marketplace: Buy and sell online without a bank account.
- Boom Wallet: Store and manage Boomcoin (BMC), the ecosystem’s currency.
- Boom Talks: Connect and discuss within the community.
- Boom Hose: Rent or book accommodations using BMC.
- No bank account needed: Boom caters to the nearly 2 billion people globally without bank access.
- Easy transactions: Cash deposits through agents convert to BMC for online purchases.
- Merchant protection: Escrow system ensures buyer satisfaction before merchants receive payment.
- Compliance: KYC/KYB/KYT protocols ensure platform security and regulatory adherence.
Benefits for Nigerians
- Sell globally: Reach international buyers beyond currency limitations.
- Buy internationally: Access goods and services without needing hard currency.
- Financial inclusion: Participate in the digital economy regardless of bank status.
- Boom operates in 10 African countries, including Nigeria, South Africa, and Ethiopia.
- Local liquidity pools enable easier currency exchange within each country.
“Boom empowers Nigerians to not only buy but also sell on the internet to the whole world… They don’t need to look for hard currency anymore. That’s a groundbreaking solution…” – Peter Alfred-Adekeye, CEO of Boom
Boom, a blockchain-based startup, launched by Peter Alfred-Adekeye is an ecosystem that aims to bring an e-commerce platform to the underserved communities of Africa, allowing them to buy and sell online without a bank account.
Boom uses escrow accounts to protect both buyers and sellers. It also allows for local currency exchange within the platform.
Follow techkudi.com for more juicy fintech content