Telkom and Ukheshe has launched Africa’s First Virtual Banking Card.
Being first of its kind, it comes with amazing benefits which include that this virtual card can be used on WhatsApp. It also allows customers of Telkom Pay to process e-commerce payments.
Established in 2020, Telkom Pay is a digital payments wallet that has enabled its users to make and receive payments using WhatsApp on their mobile phone.
WHAT’S NEW ABOUT THE NEW INCLUSION?
With this innovation, users/customers will be:
- Enabled the flexibility to shop safely and conveniently using just their smartphone and the Telkom Pay app.
- Enabled to experience the digital economy and online transactions.
- Asides customers, it will also enable those who do not have a bank account to participate in having Mastercard virtual cards.
- Users will be enabled to process payment to local and international online stores where Mastercard is available by using the Mastercard virtual (non-plastic) card.
- Enabled to use this card to make transactions with Uber and Netflix.
According to the Managing Executive for Financial Services, Sibusiso Ngwenya:
Telkom is very honored to manage the process in establishing the first virtual card through WhatsApp across Africa. This move guarantees tremendous financial involvement through affordable products and services that cater to everyone and are easily approachable through a mobile device at any time.
The intimate relationship and partnership with Mastercard, Nedbank, and the paramount finance technology enablement partner, Ukheshe Technologies is a function of what birthed this innovation.
The development of service inside Telkom Pay is a vital way forward in increasing access to the digital economy, according to.
Suzanne Morel, Country Manager for Mastercard, South Africa added.
Without an iota of doubt, this innovation is in the right direction to facilitate payment solution process while according the right measure of safety and privacy that is required for every transaction. More to this, is how the innovation also allows its users experience the beauty of the ever-rising digital economy.
Visit Techkudi for the latest fintech news across Africa.